Research interests/Areas of expertise
- Plant protection product use on agricultural and horticultural crops
- 2019 – Pesticide Adviser, managing the Pesticide Survey Team and providing advice on agriculture pesticide use and approval to a range of stakeholders.
- 2006 – Present – Pesticide Usage Survey Manager, managing the day to day running of the Pesticide Survey Unit. Quality Manager for the Survey Unit.
- 2004-2006 – Pesticide Usage Surveyor, collecting pesticide use data on a wide range of agricultural and horticultural crops.
- 2003 – BSc (Hons) in Conservation Science with Honours in Conservation Management, University of Stirling.
- Scottish Government assessor for the Expert Committee for Pesticides (ECP)
- Member of the ECP’s Working Party for Pesticide Usage Survey (WPPUS)
Responsible for the Pesticide Usage Survey reports as well as the following publications:
Monitoring Scotland’s pesticide usage: the work of SASA’s Pesticide Survey Unit. Proceedings Crop Protection in Northern Britain 2018. :169-174. . 2018.
The impact of current and proposed neonicotinoid restrictions on Scottish crops and pesticide usage patterns. Proceedings Crop Protection in Northern Britain 2018. :163-168. . 2018.
Survey of the impact of the neonicotinoid restrictions on Scottish oilseed rape crops and recommendations for alternative crop protection strategies. Proceedings Crop Protection in Northern Britain 2016. :99-104. . 2016.
Insecticide use on Scottish oilseed rape crops: Historical use patterns and pest control options in the absence of neonicotinoid seed treatments. Proceedings Crop Protection in Northern Britain 2014. :21-26. . 2014.
Pesticide Use Patterns in Scottish Cereal Crops 2000-2010: Potential Impact of EU Thematic Strategy for Pesticides. Proceedings Crop Protection in Northern Britain 2012. :145-150. . 2012.
Pesticide use in Scottish Potato Cultivation 1998-2008: Trends and Predictions. Proceedings Crop Protection in Northern Britain 2010. :245-250. . 2010.