Antibody Production Specialist
Research interests/Areas of expertise
- Antibody Production
- Potato Pathogens
- Pest and disease diagnostics
- Quality Assurance
- 2005 – Present Antibody Production Specialist. The development of antibodies for the detection of potato pathogens by Enzyme Linked Immunosorbent Assay (ELISA).
- 2013 – 2014 SASA’s Quality Manager and Potato Co-ordination Officer. The main contact for SASA’s ISO 9001:2008 and ISO 17025:2005 related issues and updating and disseminating potato export statistics to stakeholders and assisting with the planning of stakeholder visits.
- 2003 – 2005 SASA’s Media Production Officer. Managed media requests for SASA and the units ISO 9001:2008 quality system.
- 2002 – 2003 Assistant Bacteriologist. Assisting with sample preparation and processing for the Ralstonia and Clavibacter survey.
- 2009 – BSc (Hons) Immunology & Toxicology, Edinburgh Napier University.