Pesticides - Useful Links
- Scottish Government Pesticide webpage - Background information on pesticides and their regulation.
- Fera: Pesticide Usage Statistics - Pesticide usage data on agricultural and horticultural crops in Great Britain from 1990, with downloadable reports covering specific crops.
- Health and Safety Executive: Chemicals Regulation Directorate - The regulator for biocides, pesticides, detergents and chemicals which fall under the REACH legislation. A primary source of information on the current approval status of plant protection products. Provides essential guidance for current and prospective approval holders.
- NetRegs - Environmental Guidance for Small and Medium Sized Businesses - Up-to-date information on environmental law with guidance on how to comply with legislation and regulations, including waste disposal.
- NPTC (City and Guilds Group) - Formally known as the National Proficiency Test Council. Issues Certificates of Competence in the Safe Use of Pesticides.
- Pesticide Usage Monitoring: Northern Ireland - Detailed information on the use of pesticides on all commercially grown crops in Northern Ireland, with downloadable reports covering specific crops.
- Pesticides: Code of Practice for Using Plant Protection Products in Scotland - Aimed at professional users of pesticides, with practical advice on how to use pesticides safely and meet the wealth of legal obligations covering commercial use, disposal and record keeping.
- The Pesticides Forum - A focus for a range of stakeholders in promoting the UK Pesticides Strategy and a mechanism for exchanging views on policies and legislation relating to pesticides.
- SRUC Crop Clinic - Provides current status of pests, weeds and diseases affecting crops in Scotland, with advice on crop agronomy and management.
- Scottish Environment Protection Agency (SEPA) - Scotland’s environmental regulator, with information on air, land and water quality monitoring and classification.
- Scottish Environmental Statistics Online - Forms part of the Scottish Government’s Official Statistics web site, with data on a wide range of environmental systems. The agricultural section includes summaries of pesticide usage in Scotland.
- Scottish Government: Farming and Rural Issues - Information on a wide range of farming topics including the Scotland Rural Development Programme, Nitrate Vulnerable Zones and animal health and welfare issues.
- The Voluntary Initiative - Information on best practice in the use of pesticides to reduce environmental impacts.
Main menu 2