- SASA home
- About Us
View the SASA Photo Gallery
Tuber inspection of Scottish seed potatoes by RPID inspector. Inspector using gauge to check size of tubers
SASA Photography Unit primarily provides a professional photographic and graphic design service to all SASA staff and to colleagues in the Scottish Government Agriculture, Food and Rural Communities Directorate. The Photography Unit is small and busy but where resources allow, we are happy to extend our services to colleagues in the wider Scottish Government and occasionally to external customers.
- Photography (either in the studio or on location). We specialise in botanical photography but will happily cover other subjects as required. Professional digital cameras are used as standard but the Photography Unit does retain the facility to provide conventional transparencies/negatives if preferred.
- In-house scanning of both transparencies and negatives (from 35mm to 5x4inches).
- Photo manipulation. Both members of staff are adept in the use of Adobe Photoshop CS4.
- Graphic design and desk top publishing.
- High quality, large format printing (max. width 44”). A variety of media types are kept in stock.
- Encapsulation (max. width 38”).
- Preparation of pull up displays.
- SASA Image Bank - an archive of over 11,000 images reflecting the work of SASA and associated Scottish Government Departments*.
Requests for images for reproduction purposes may be made directly by post, telephone or email to:
SASA Photography Unit, Roddinglaw Road, Edinburgh EH12 9FJ
T: +44(0)131 244 8827
*The images featured in the collection are subject to Crown copyright protection unless otherwise indicated. You may use and re-use Crown copyright images (not including logos) free of charge in any format or medium, under the terms of the Open Government Licence. Authorisation to reproduce any material identified as being the copyright of a third party must be obtained from the copyright holders concerned.