Pesticide Usage Surveyor
Research interests/Areas of expertise
- Plant protection product use on agricultural and horticultural crops
- 2014 – Present Pesticide Usage Surveyor, collecting pesticide use data on a wide range of agricultural and horticultural crops.
- 2011-2014 Potato Certification Assistant, Assisted with the maintenance of the SASA potato collections.
- 2008 – 2011Herbage Trials Officer, Assisted with the field trials, seed certification and sampling work of the section.
- 2005 – BSc (Hons) Plant & Environmental Biology, University of St Andrews
One of the authors of the Pesticide Usage Survey reports as well as the following publications:
Monitoring Scotland’s pesticide usage: the work of SASA’s Pesticide Survey Unit. Proceedings Crop Protection in Northern Britain 2018. :169-174. . 2018.
The impact of current and proposed neonicotinoid restrictions on Scottish crops and pesticide usage patterns. Proceedings Crop Protection in Northern Britain 2018. :163-168. . 2018.
Survey of the impact of the neonicotinoid restrictions on Scottish oilseed rape crops and recommendations for alternative crop protection strategies. Proceedings Crop Protection in Northern Britain 2016. :99-104. . 2016.