- SASA home
- About Us
Seed Testing/Quality Manager
Areas of expertise
- All areas of seed quality testing
- Method development germination, tetrazolium and vigour.
- Quality management
- ISTA Germination Committee
- ISTA Vigour Committee
- ISTA Proficiency Test Committee
- British Association of Seed Analysts (BASA)
- I joined SASA in 1992 as a Seed Analyst in the Official Seed testing Station for Scotland (OSTS) having trained as a Seed Analyst at SAI. I have BSc. Life Sciences and have remained within OSTS having held the post of Senior Seed Analyst: Germination and Tetrazolium, followed by Seed Technologist and since 2009 Seed Testing Manager/Quality Manager.
Automated determination of germination time courses by image capture and early counts of radicle emergence lead to a new vigour test for winter oilseed rape (Brassica napus). Seed Science and Technology. 40(3):413-424. . 2012.
ISTA Tetrazolium Vigour Comparative Test. Seed Testing International, ISTA News Bulletin. (129, April 2005):41–43. . 2005.
The effect of glyphosate treatment on the germination potential of barley seed. Proceedings Crop Protection in Northern Britain 2004. :153–158. . 2004.
The performance of glyphosate affected barley seed. Proceedings Crop Protection in Northern Britain 2004 . :223–228. . 2004.
The effect of glyphosate treatment on the germination potential of resultant crops. Proceedings Crop Protection in Northern Britain 2002. :103-108. . 2002.
The performance of glyphosate-affected barley seed. Proceedings Crop Protection in Northern Britain 2002. :207-210. . 2002.