Dr Emma Back
Project Leader - Euphresco
Research interests/Areas of expertise
- Use of bacteriophage for control of bacterial diseases of potato
- Stable positive control development for Plant virus diagnostics
- Seed transmission of plant disease
- Molecular diagnostics for honey bee health
- 2015-Present. I joined SASA as a post-doc research scientist working on EUPHRESCO research projects (VIRUS COLLECT and PHILIB II) along with providing molecular biology support for the honey bee health work carried out at SASA. I have since also become the project leader on an INNOVATE funded bacteriophage project.
- 2012-2014. Research Associate, University of Miami. Modelling human disease in zebrafish (Danio rerio).
- 2007-2011. PhD, Durham University. “Novel insecticides for the control of coleopteran pests”